There are many different brands of pallet racking on the market today but not all of them comply with AS4084-2012. Before you purchase your pallet racking make sure it complies with all relevant Australian Standards. Storeplan has a dedicated team of rack safety inspectors committed to keeping you and your staff safe…And…our team leader has had years of experience in safety auditing, reporting and repairing so we have you covered!
Not sure if your racking meets the standards? Call us today to book an inspection! 1300 551 281.
Push Back Racking
Push Back is used as an alternative to Drive-In systems where there are insufficient homogenous pallets for a Drive-In system to operate successfully. It can offer high-density storage with different pallet types being stocked at each level, but operates on First-In Last-Out (FILO) principles. Push Back Racking is used with a cart system up to 5 pallets deep and used with various pallet sizes. Carts are colour coded to aid stock control and identify empty locations.
Push Back Racking Advantages:
- High density storage with different pallet types
- Operates on First-In Last-Out (FILO) principles
- More picking faces as each lane can be used to store different commodities
Cantilever racking is specifically designed for the storage of extra-long, bulky or irregular shaped items. It is the perfect storage solution for storing items such as timber lengths, steel lengths, extrusion, pipes, sheet metal, board packs and much, much more.
Advantages of Cantilever Racking:
- All cantilever uprights can be used as single-sided or double-sided designs.
- Easily customised to your requirements: rows of uprights can be any length required. The cantilever arms can be modified flexibly for stored goods with different heights and loading requirements.
- Subsequent adjustments and adaptations can be made without tools.
- Available in light duty or heavy duty (up to 1500kg per arm).
- Fully certified to international standards (ISO9001).
- Available in a powdercoat (for indoor use) or hot dipped galvanised (for outdoor use) finish.
If you need to store special materials or need to meet specific ambient conditions, our expert consultants will be happy to design customised systems for you.
Accessories & Rack Protection
In warehouses, pallet racking damage is a major Workplace Health & Safety Issue. Storeplan has a large variety of options available to keep your racking from being damaged, which keeps your staff & equipment safe.
MCG400 Column Guards:
- Designed for Schaefer brand racking but can fit some other brands
- Manufactured from 6mm thick plate steel
- 4 dynabolt holes for maximum strength
Heavy Duty Rack End Protectors (REP’s):
- Manufactured by Schaefer Systems with 6mm thick steel
- Powder Coated Orange to match beams
- Available in Single Entry (1200W) & Double Entry (2400W)
Angle Upright Protectors:
- 700mm high,
- Manufactured by Schaefer Systems with 4mm thick steel
Spring Type Upright Protectors:
- Manufactured by Schaefer Systems
- Dynabolted into the ground & attached to upright with ‘U-Clip’
- Barrier type system for the end of racking run
- Protects racking, personnel & equipment
- Standard & custom sizes available.
Suits all standard racking types, sizes and configurations. Ideal for all storage including coolrooms and freezers. Does not allow dirt/ dust build-up, won’t twist or sag, increase lighting and access. Durable & maintenance free.
Timber Shelves (MDF/Particleboard/Formply):
Ideal for smaller parts or goods storage, nonpalletised items or order picking applications and storage & organisation of stock. Strong and low maintenance.
Creates a safe enclosure for small parts and loose items. Also prevents products rolling off and getting damaged.
Cable Reel Holders:
Custom manufactured in-house at Storeplan to suit cables of all different sizes & weights. A safe and efficient way to store & easily access your cables.
SWL (Safe Working Load) Signs:
Customised, high quality alucabond signs which are screen printed for a clear, quality finish. Designed to be screwed to the ends of racking upright frames to effectively display rack load capacities.
VNA (Very Narrow Aisle) Racking
Storeplan’s Schaefer interlock pallet racking systems are designed around the operating tolerances of Very Narrow Aisle (VNA) equipment with aisles marginally wider than the load. Such structures must have a high level of rigidity and accurate manufacturing tolerance.
- Good stock rotation
- Good order picking: 100% selectivity
- Fast picking rate
- Good product protection
- 50% net pallet area usage of overall warehouse area
- Limited pallet redundancy as system can run at 95%+ capacity
- Uses guide rails or wire guidance for fast movement in aisle