A new facility for MM Electrical was secured in Beresfield NSW, and Storeplan was commissioned by William Black (MM Electricals Profit Centre Manager) to evaluate, design, and execute a unique storage solution plan for the site that provided:
– Clean, Safe & Secure Storage Systems for a wide range of electrical products
– A system that provided medium-term storage of bulky palletised goods, along with provision for handpicking products etc.
– A showroom section where inventory is well presented, and customers can view MM Electricals entire range.
– An area where ‘tradies’ feel at home and have a pleasant and efficient experience with well organised and well-planned stock locations – fast-moving and popular items close to the counter and slower-moving and bulkier goods towards the rear of the warehouse.
We obtained a copy of the building plans, discussed with William how he wanted to create an organised and aesthetically pleasing showroom while aligning with corporate brand guidelines.
In conjunction with this, the warehouse ‘component’ was required to maximise space whilst ensuring safety and efficiency.
The result created two sections that blend harmoniously and function together for owners and clients alike.
Storeplan designed a comprehensive warehouse storage system with a variety of products which included:
– Pallet Racking – storing large palletised products such as air-con units, incoming bulk inventory, project orders etc.
– Full Height Mesh Backing System – for the protection of both staff and clients. Storeplan customised a Heavy Duty Stand-Off Mesh Backing System to ensure two things; 1) Pallets cannot be accidentally pushed over the back of the pallet racking into the showroom area. 2) A clear line of segregation between showroom and warehouse, meaning clients cannot simply walk into a forklift traffic area without a clear intention to do so.
– Longspan Shelving 1200D – for storing and displaying items such as LED light tubes, etc., typically too long for standard depth shelving.
– Cable Racking – For the safe and efficient storage of Cable Reels ranging in size and weight. Storeplan’s Cable Rack system allows for storage of bulk reels and the dispensing of cable from the reels. Heavy Duty customised components are used for our Cable Racks.
– Conduit Racking – Storeplan’s customised Conduit Racking system provides organisation and control. Standard Pallet Rack components coupled with metal divider accessories create a very functional rack and are easy to use while clearly distinguishing between different conduit types. This makes the selection process for the customer very safe and seamless.
– Gondola Shelving – 6 Double-Sided runs of 5 adjoining bays of Gondola Shelving to provide a clear and organised retail area. Storeplan’s Gondola Shelving delivers not only a great display platform it also holds a considerable amount of stock to which clients have complete access.
The design maximised the space utilisation of their new facility. High volume items are strategically stored to reduce picking time and optimise access to inventory.
Here’s what Will had to say about the experience with working with our team:
“The boys from Storeplan were an absolute pleasure to deal with right from the start. From initial site layout to installation, everything went to plan with ease and on budget. I would not hesitate to recommend Cameron and the team at Storeplan for your next install.”
If it’s time to update your facility, or require a completely new fit-out, contact us today.