What is DRIVE-IN Racking?
Drive-In Pallet Racking Systems provide maximum storage capacity using the minimum amount of space. This system consists of continuous lanes of racking with only a single load and retrieval aisle. Loading and unloading is undertaken in the main by reach trucks that drive down each lane into the racks.
- Operates on the basis of First-In Last-Out (FILO)
- Store very large quantities of homogeneous (same size) products.
- Good product protection
- 60% net pallet area usage of overall warehouse area.
What is DOUBLE-DEEP Racking?
A derivative to the Selective pallet racking, the Double Deep system requires the use of a specialist reach truck or an attachment fitted to the reach truck. This system provides an excellent method of increasing warehouse capacity or when alternative systems are not possible.
- Achieving increases in capacity of up to 30% more than Selective pallet racking.
- Lower cost alternative against Drive-In Racking, while increasing capacity by up to 30%.
- Does not require homogenous pallet types like Drive-In.