Selective Pallet Racking
Selective Pallet Racking, more commonly known as Adjustable Pallet Racking, is the most popular and economical form of industrial pallet racking on the market. Warehouses and other storage facilities with restrictive space benefit most from Selective Pallet Racking. They provide 100% selective storage up to 12.8m in height, utilising valuable vertical space.
Storeplan has its client’s best interests at all times. If you have specific requirements, our team of experts will review the range of storage systems available. Suitable storage racking from our large range can be designed, sourced and customised to meet any pallet size or weight to provide the best racking system solution.
Selective Pallet Racking is most suitable for warehouse and workshop racking, garage and/or farm shed storage, in processing and manufacturing facilities for storage of finished products and much more. Our Selective Pallet Racking storage system is versatile and can be used in conjunction with all types of lift trucks and most handling equipment for warehouse goods.
If you have a small warehouse, large storage facility, medium sized workshop or a farm storage shed, the Selective Pallet Racking is your partner in efficient and safe storage. Feel free to send your enquiries to the Storeplan team. We are more than willing to help you figure out which warehouse pallet racking system is suitable for your working conditions. If you have enquiries regarding quotes and site measure-ups, feel free to contact us today. For more questions, check out our new FAQ’s page… coming soon!
Galvanised Pallet Racking
Some facilities utilise outdoor spaces to maximise their existing storage capacity. When you store your supplies and equipment outdoors, however, you risk damaging them. Unfit storage systems can deteriorate and collapse when exposed to the elements or placed under tough conditions. With our galvanised pallet racking, you minimise the risks of damage.
Efficient Storage Systems
Storeplan’s outdoor galvanised pallet racking system is specifically designed to be installed in outdoor environments where conditions are harsh and variable. This system utilises a pre-gal upright frame system with fully hot-dipped galvanised beams ensuring your purchase is an investment worth making.
Storeplan’s outdoor galvanised racking system is specifically designed to be installed in outdoor environments where conditions are harsh and variable. This system utilises a pre-gal upright frame system with fully hot-dipped galvanised beams ensuring your purchase is an investment worth making.
- 1372 x 100 x 50 x 3 RHS (2000kg/level)
- 2590 x 100 x 50 x 3 RHS (2550kg/level)
- 2743 x 100 x 50 x 3 RHS (2250kg/level)
- 2590 x 100 x 50 x 5 RHS (3000kg/level)
- 2743 x 100 x 50 x 5 RHS (3000kg/level)
- 2590 x 150 x 50 x 5 RHS (3500kg/level)
- 2743 x 150 x 50 x 5 RHS (3500kg/level)
*Upright Frame sizes are the same as Selective Pallet Racking.
Double Deep Racking
A derivative to the Selective pallet racking, the Double Deep system requires the use of a specialist reach truck or an attachment fitted to the reach truck. Whilst achieving increases in capacity of up to 30% above the former, only 50% of the pallets are immediately accessible. This system however, provides an excellent method of increasing warehouse capacity or when alternative systems are not possible.
- Achieving increases in capacity of up to 30% more than Selective pallet racking.
- Lower cost alternative against Drive-In Racking, while increasing capacity by up to 30%.
- Does not require high numbers of homogenous pallet types like Drive-In.
Drive In Racking
Drive-In Pallet Racking Systems provide maximum storage capacity using the minimum amount of space. It is particularly suited to store very large quantities of homogeneous products. A drive-in system consists of continuous lanes of racking with only a single load and retrieval aisle. Loading and unloading is undertaken by means of counter balance or reach trucks that drive down each lane into the racks. Drive-In racking operates on the system of First-In Last-Out (FILO), therefore it only suits products that are stored in sufficient volume which require multiple lanes to ensure stock rotation.
Drive-In Pallet Racking Advantages:
- Operates on the basis of First-In Last-Out (FILO)
- Store very large quantities of homogeneous products.
- Good product protection
- 60% net pallet area usage of overall warehouse area
Push Back Racking
Push Back is used as an alternative to Drive-In systems where there are insufficient homogenous pallets for a Drive-In system to operate successfully. It can offer high-density storage with different pallet types being stocked at each level, but operates on First-In Last-Out (FILO) principles. Push Back Racking is used with a cart system up to 5 pallets deep and used with various pallet sizes. Carts are colour coded to aid stock control and identify empty locations.
Push Back Racking Advantages:
- High density storage with different pallet types
- Operates on First-In Last-Out (FILO) principles
- More picking faces as each lane can be used to store different commodities
VNA (Very Narrow Aisle) Racking
Storeplan’s Schaefer interlock pallet racking systems are designed around the operating tolerances of Very Narrow Aisle (VNA) equipment with aisles marginally wider than the load. Such structures must have a high level of rigidity and accurate manufacturing tolerance. Interlock is designed to meet these requirements Increased capacity with increased height Warehouse capacity can be increased by an additional 40% over Selective Pallet racking by increasing operational height and the reduction of operation aisle.
High-Bay Storage Advantages
- Good stock rotation
- Good order picking: 100% selectivity
- Fast picking rate
- Good product protection
- 50% net pallet area usage of overall warehouse area
- Limited pallet redundancy as system can run at 95%+ capacity
- Uses guide rails or wire guidance for fast movement in aisle
Cantilever racking is specifically designed for the storage of extra-long, bulky or irregular shaped items. It is the perfect storage solution for storing items such as timber lengths, steel lengths, extrusion, pipes, sheet metal, board packs and much, much more.
Advantages of Cantilever Racking:
- All cantilever uprights can be used as single-sided or double-sided designs.
- Easily customised to your requirements: rows of uprights can be any length required. The cantilever arms can be modified flexibly for stored goods with different heights and loading requirements.
- Subsequent adjustments and adaptations can be made without tools.
- Available in light duty or heavy duty (up to 1500kg per arm).
- Fully certified to international standards (ISO9001).
- Available in a powdercoat (for indoor use) or hot dipped galvanised (for outdoor use) finish.
If you need to store special materials or need to meet specific ambient conditions, our expert consultants will be happy to design customised systems for you.
Case Study Involving Cantilever Racking:
Petries Mitre 10 – Gunnedah: click here to view full story!
Conduit Racking is normally constructed from selective pallet racking that has been configured to form vertical bays within the rack.
This vertical design is a protective storage system for conduit, piping, wood, automotive products & other long length items.
The system also protects stock from damage due to compression as the goods are stored vertically.
Conduit Racking Advantages:
- Available both as an open sided rack or a complete unit for heavy goods
- Reduced stock waste from horizontal compression
- Clear visual stock control
- Increased productivity through easy product access
- Ideal for limited floor space and narrow aisles
The Cable Racking system is perfect for storing/dispensing a range of different size cables, chains, ropes & other products on drums or reels. The actual customized product consists of a spindle (normally HD Gal pipe 50NB) and a welded steel bracket set (L & R). The brackets are bolted into the upright posts for maximum strength and rigidity.
This system is manufactured in house at Storeplan. It is normally integrated into our Schaefer I600 pallet racking system, however it can be made to suit any brand of racking.
Accessories & Rack Protection
In warehouses, pallet racking damage is a major Workplace Health & Safety Issue. Storeplan has a large variety of options available to keep your racking from being damaged, which keeps your staff & equipment safe.
MCG400 Column Guards:
- Designed for Schaefer brand racking but can fit some other brands
- Manufactured from 6mm thick plate steel
- 4 dynabolt holes for maximum strength
Heavy Duty Rack End Protectors (REP’s):
- Manufactured by Schaefer Systems with 6mm thick steel
- Powder Coated Orange to match beams
- Available in Single Entry (1200W) & Double Entry (2400W)
Angle Upright Protectors:
- 700mm high,
- Manufactured by Schaefer Systems with 4mm thick steel
Spring Type Upright Protectors:
- Manufactured by Schaefer Systems
- Dynabolted into the ground & attached to upright with ‘U-Clip’
- Barrier type system for the end of racking run
- Protects racking, personnel & equipment
- Standard & custom sizes available.
Suits all standard racking types, sizes and configurations. Ideal for all storage including coolrooms and freezers. Does not allow dirt/ dust build-up, won’t twist or sag, increase lighting and access. Durable & maintenance free.
Timber Shelves (MDF/Particleboard/Formply):
Ideal for smaller parts or goods storage, nonpalletised items or order picking applications and storage & organisation of stock. Strong and low maintenance.
Creates a safe enclosure for small parts and loose items. Also prevents products rolling off and getting damaged.
Cable Reel Holders:
Custom manufactured in-house at Storeplan to suit cables of all different sizes & weights. A safe and efficient way to store & easily access your cables.
SWL (Safe Working Load) Signs:
Customised, high quality alucabond signs which are screen printed for a clear, quality finish. Designed to be screwed to the ends of racking upright frames to effectively display rack load capacities.
Industrial Safety Barriers
Storeplans industrial barrier solution provides a safe segregation of vehicles and people. These barriers create a strong physical boundary between pedestrians and moving equipment such as forklifts, toe tugs and other vehicles used inside industrial warehouses and facilities.
The barriers provide protection against vehicles moving into a designated walkway and conversely limits pedestrians from moving outside their designated path.
The barriers are made of robust steel that will withstand the impact of a forklift driving into the barrier; without the barrier falling over.
There are many different brands of pallet racking on the market today but not all of them comply with AS4084-2012. Before you purchase your pallet racking make sure it complies with all relevant Australian Standards. Storeplan has a dedicated team of rack safety inspectors committed to keeping you and your staff safe…And…our team leader has had years of experience in safety auditing, reporting and repairing so we have you covered!
Not sure if your racking meets the standards? Call us today to book an inspection! 1300 551 281.